"Sometimes pain becomes such a huge part of your life that you expect it to always be there…because you can't remember a time in your life when it wasn't. But then one day you feel something else-something that feels wrong, only because it's so unfamiliar. And in that moment you realize…you're happy."

9.01.2005

of rainbows and uninvited memories

I saw a rainbow last Sunday afternoon.
My kid brother excitedly pointed it out to my sister and me.

If my memory serves me right,

the last time I saw one was about 4 years ago.
I was so excited then that I even texted my friends about it.
It was like witnessing something magical for the first time!
That same day I will be moving in to our boarding house…
With a new sense of freedom and the prospect of a blooming infatuation,
Life was pure bliss!

Catching a glimpse of a rainbow again was different.
Although it still is a heavenly sight to behold for me.
I am not the same.
Times have changed.
Even my feelings are something else.
Melancholy strikes me…

Then I remember reading somewhere

that rainbows are signs of good luck.
Something stirred within me.
Because from where I am in this journey,
That kind of blessing from above is definitely appreciated.
It wasn’t only a signal of providence but also a symbol of hope.

~~~
first post! wiihhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment